Vietnamese cinnamon has always been a sought-after product, which remains its popularity in the spice market for years thanks to its pleasant distinct flavor and stable quantity.
- 1 Vietnamese cinnamon: A general view
- 2 Vietnamese cinnamon and Ceylon – Which is better?
- 3 Economic potentials of Vietnamese cinnamon
- 4 Recommendation of Vietnamese cinnamon suppliers
- 5 Conclusion
Vietnamese cinnamon: A general view
Equipping yourselves with fundamental knowledge about product varieties, cultivation methods and the price range is a crucial step when approaching this growing market.
Vietnamese cinnamon is able to achieve its current impressive position due partly to its extremely diverse range of products. The list below provides you with 7 typical cinnamon products in Vietnam with their characteristics, which are favorites of spice producers and consumers.
Those are uniform quality standards of cinnamon in the nation. However, these indexes can be flexible because there are several Vietnamese companies willing to customize the product for buyers.
Popular processing method
Vietnamese cinnamon’s harvest often runs from February to March or from August to September. Farmers can get the best quality of cinnamon bark as the raw material of every single cinnamon variety at those times.
- Harvesting: Cinnamon bark is removed out of the trunks or branches by the hands of Vietnamese farmers. In order to peel off pretty tubes of cinnamon bark in accordance with universal specifications, farmers need to be gentle and skillful to save the cinnamon core from being scratched, cracked, or broken. After that, it is crucial to wipe the water of cinnamon bark (usually by alcohol), which helps to avoid the attack of molds before the incubation step.
- Shaping cinnamon products: Before entering the shaping process, Vietnamese cinnamon bark is usually incubated for 3 – 4 days to become softer and more malleable. During the process, cinnamon is dried under a dry and ventilated condition. At the same time, directly exposed to sunlight or high temperature is avoided and the cinnamon bark needs to be faced down in order to reduce the evaporation of essential oils. It takes 8 – 10 days to make cinnamon bark in ideal shapes.
- Dry process: In this step, a drying chamber with a temperature of 70 – 75 Celsius is used. This temperature is not too high so that the evaporation process can take place slowly and prevent deformation or loss of essential oils. In addition, piling batches of bark is a popular trick among Vietnamese farmers to reduce and control evaporation.
- Packaging and preservation: Vietnamese cinnamon bark, after being shaped and dried, is sorted and packed into cartons or PP boxes. When stacking the product for delivery purposes, it must be tight enough to avoid collision. Cinnamon bark containers are placed on the shelves, at least 30 cm above the ground and 20 cm from the wall.
The processing procedure of Vietnamese cinnamon requires extremely skillful farmers and modern machines to ensure the stability of both quality and quantity. That is a firm guarantee for any cinnamon merchant wanting to start the business with this promising spice.
Wholesale price is definitely one of the top concerns of traders when they first search for any product. The table below shows wholesale prices of Vietnamese cinnamon, which are collected and updated constantly.
The price of cinnamon in Vietnam is quite competitive and affordable, compared to that in Indonesia, China, or Sri Lanka. The price range of cinnamon in China and Indonesia is almost similar to that in Vietnam. While it is much more reasonable compared to Sri Lanka’s cinnamon.
Vietnamese cinnamon and Ceylon – Which is better?
Being recognized as the 2 most prominent cinnamon varieties in the world, Ceylon and Vietnamese cinnamon often give buyers a hard time choosing between them. The differences between those two in terms of characteristics, distributions, and prices are significant, which must be noticed by any cinnamon traders.
The market of Vietnamese cinnamon is clearly a far cry from that of Ceylon. As a wise merchant, you need to keep in mind those differences, assess them and make a good choice between those two. If you are aiming at the Asian market, Vietnamese cinnamon is the best option for you. But if the European market is more tempting to you, then just go for Ceylon.
Economic potentials of Vietnamese cinnamon
Spice traders can capitalize on the 3 factors above when choosing to resell Vietnamese cinnamon.
- Abundant supply
In a report by FAO, Vietnam ranked 3rd in the list of top cinnamon producers in 2020, with a production of 31,000 tons. Four provinces Yen Bai, Lang Son, Quang Ninh, and Quang Nam are the biggest cultivation and manufacturing areas of the nation. The cinnamon-cultivation area in Vietnam has grown rapidly. In 2021, the total area is almost 200,000ha (according to Vietnam News), always ready for the growing demand for cinnamon cultivation. In addition, tropical climate and rich soil also foster the steady growth of Vietnamese cinnamon evergreens.
- Huge demand
According to OEC, in 2019, Vietnam gained $175M in cinnamon exports value, making it the biggest exporter of the product in the same year. At the same time, the main consumer markets of the nation are India and countries in the Middle East, which were accredited as the biggest cinnamon importers in the world. That is firm and persuasive proof for the development of Vietnamese cinnamon and its economic potential.
- Supportive governmental policy
The Ministry of Industry and Trade, along with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development has supported the exporting activity of Vietnamese cinnamon. Their assistance has been proved by various practical financial and technical support. For example, in 2019, EVFTA (the European Union – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement) was signed, which really boosted the trading of Vietnamese cinnamon to the EU.
Recommendation of Vietnamese cinnamon suppliers
Along with a huge demand for Vietnamese cinnamon is the booming of suppliers, which might get you into difficulty to find a reliable one. So if you are new in this field, the list below will be really helpful.
Providing high-quality Vietnamese cinnamon at affordable prices has become the company’s credit. Coming to K-Agriculture – a good cinnamon factory, customers will be pleased by their agriculture products as well as the professional working way. Besides, with the advantage of trading cinnamon internationally for around 20 years, the company guarantees to make every foreign shipment operate really smoothly.
WhatsApp: +84855 555 837
Vinasamex is a giant in manufacturing and distributing Vietnamese cinnamon domestically and internationally. This company offers customers a diversity of cinnamon products, especially organic ones. If you are looking for the best-quality organic cinnamon, Vinasamex is all you need.
This is a new Vietnamese cinnamon supplier. Que Viet has factories to produce cinnamon itself, as well as various distribution channels, which helps it to quickly penetrate into this market. By 100% ensuring the origin of their cinnamon products, Que Viet has, with ease, received enormous trust from buyers.
This article has delivered the most vital and fundamental knowledge about Vietnamese cinnamon. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through the website https://k-agriculture.com/ or phone number +84855 555 837 (Whatsapp available).