Jasmine rice Thai has been the best rice in the world. Jasmine rice Thai is popular with global customers because of its unique tastes and good promotion of Thai media.
- 1 An overview of jasmine rice Thai
- 2 Several varieties of jasmine rice Thai
- 3 Health benefits of jasmine rice Thai
- 4 Dishes you can make with jasmine rice Thai
An overview of jasmine rice Thai
Jasmine rice Thai is a long grain rice native to Thailand with a buttery aroma, named after the sweet-smelling jasmine flower.
Origin of jasmine rice Thai
Jasmine rice Thai is also known by other names such as Thai fragrant rice, Thai Hom Mali rice or Jasmine fragrant rice. This used to be the best rice in the world originating from the Northeastern provinces of Thailand. Jasmine rice Thai was created in Thailand in the 1950s and is now a mainstay of the Thai diet as well as one of the country’s most important exports.
Main features of jasmine rice Thai
The grains of jasmine rice Thai are long, clear, and not at all pale. This is one of the rice varieties that meet export criteria for rice quality.
- Jasmine rice has a hard stem, a small grain, and is easy to fertilize.
- The aroma of jasmine rice Thai is similar to that of pandan leaves and popcorn, and it comes from the rice plant’s inherent fragrant components. Jasmine rice Thai has a distinct aroma of buttered popcorn and fragrant blossoms, as well as a sweet and nutty flavor.
- It has a light, fluffy, delicate texture and does not stay together like many other glutinous “sticky” types.
Despite the high price and the Covid-19 pandemic, the export rate of jasmine rice Thai remained stable, particularly in the four major markets of the United States, Canada, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Several varieties of jasmine rice Thai
Jasmine rice Thai has some typical rice varieties and brings different health benefits, so customers could have many options.
Divided by colors
Based on colors, there are three main varieties of jasmine rice Thai.
- White jasmine rice Thai: The polished white type of jasmine rice is the most common, with the hull and all of the bran removed. It has a strong scent and a nutty taste. This type of rice is consumed most and easily pairs with other ingredients.
- The brown jasmine rice Thai is hulled but still includes the bran. Thai brown jasmine rice is less processed which means that fiber and nutrients remain intact. The bran in brown jasmine provides additional vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Black jasmine rice Thai is known as forbidden rice because it was formerly only available to the nobles and higher classes, and was banned to everyone else. Black jasmine rice offers much more protein, iron, and fiber than both brown and white varieties, as well as significantly more anthocyanins.
Read more: Long grain jasmine rice varieties
Divided by jasmine rice varieties
There are two famous jasmine rice varieties that affirm their position in consumer’s heart.
- Khao Hom Mali Thung Kula Rong-Hai is a type of jasmine rice cultivated in the provinces of Roi-et, Mahasarakam, Surin, Yasothon, and Srisaket in northeast Thailand. It is also known as Thai Fragrant Rice or Thai Jasmine Rice. Rice is available in two varieties: brown and white. With a fragrant aroma of pandanus leaves, the rice is elongated, thin, shiny, and translucent. It has a smooth texture, and the rice hull has a straw-like yellow color.
- Thai Hom-Mali Rice, often known as premium Thai Jasmine Rice, is the most well-known form of Thai rice outside of Thailand. After cooking, it has a long grain with a moist and delicate feel. Perhaps its most distinguishing feature is the aroma of pandan while cooked. The rice was initially farmed in Thailand, and the best Thai Hom Mali Rice may still be found there. Due to its highly unique growing conditions, it may only be harvested once a year between the months of October and November.
Health benefits of jasmine rice Thai
With Jasmine rice’s rich nutrition content, jasmine rice Thai will bring many health benefits to consumers.
- Avoid constipation: Eating brown jasmine rice Thai may help avoid constipation when accompanied by lots of fluids. Brown jasmine rice has a significant quantity of insoluble fiber, which aids digestion by speeding up the transition of food through the gastrointestinal tract and softening stools.
- Supply a source of energy: Jasmine rice Thai is frequently served with other nutritious dishes rich in vegetables, nuts, beans, fruits, and lean meats, which provide a nutritious supply of carbohydrates, recharge your battery after a busy day.
- Replenish glycogen: It might be difficult for athletes who engage in high-intensity or endurance exercise to achieve daily glucose requirements in order to sustain glycogen levels, the muscle’s storage form of carbohydrate. Jasmine rice Thai, either white or brown, is a wonderful refueling snack to replenish glycogen in the muscles and get ready for the next activity.
Dishes you can make with jasmine rice Thai
Jasmine rice Thai goes well with a variety of dishes, so you may mix it into your next meal at any time.
- One-pot vegetable rice: You are 90% of the way to creating this simple dinner if you have jasmine rice Thai, vegetable stock, and frozen mixed vegetables on hand. Add a protein to this dish, such as chicken, tofu, or chickpeas, which can all be cooked on the stovetop in about 15 minutes.
- Easy congee with jasmine rice Thai and chicken: Congee is a staple stick-to-your-ribs hearty breakfast in China and other areas of East Asia, but this dish is well-rounded enough to work just as well for supper. The jasmine rice Thai aids in the formation of the thick porridge, and the addition of chicken, mushroom, and a hard-boiled egg makes this dish extremely protein-dense.
- Filipino Coconut Garlic Fried Rice: Chilled coconut jasmine rice Thai is pan-fried with garlic in an even layer until crispy on the bottom in this incredibly delicious Filipino version of fried rice. If you want, you can add turmeric to the rice. Before serving, add a splash of fish sauce.
Three best jasmine rice Thai brands
When it comes to jasmine rice Thai, there are several levels of quality that may make a big difference in your meals. What are the best brands of jasmine rice Thai?
Three Ladies Rice
The most fragrant and versatile jasmine rice Thai brand on the market is Three Ladies Rice Jasmine Rice. Even in dry form, it has a lovely aroma and flavor, and it can easily be turned into a meal by adding salt, pepper, and butter. This new crop of rice is packaged in a huge bag. Because jasmine rice Thai is from a recent harvest, the grains are slippery and cook quickly, preserving the flavor. Three Ladies Rice jasmine rice Thai is sold at 35.99 USD/10 pounds.
Dragonfly jasmine rice Thai
Dragonfly Jasmine Rice Thai is a Thai brand of jasmine rice that is highly regarded. It has a strong aroma and flavor, is less starchy than other jasmine rice brands, and has a little chewy texture, making it an excellent side dish. Jasmine rice Thai has been processed to a minimum and has a very low carbon impact. Dragonfly Jasmine Rice is Thai rice that can be used for curries or as a side dish to any meat, vegetable, or fish meal. Dragonfly Jasmine Rice Thai is sold at 34.99 USD/10 pounds.
817 Elephant Jasmine Rice White Thai Hom Mali
Local Thai farmers plant, harvest and care for the rice grains. With the Department of Foreign Trade’s Hom Mali Rice seal of certification, this jasmine rice Thai is a guaranteed exceptional product that meets all health standards and rice quality criteria. It’s an aromatic long-grain rice with a delicate texture and a sweet-smelling jasmine taste that’s hard to ignore. 817 Elephant Jasmine Rice White Thai Hom Mali is sold at 31.19 USD/15 pounds.
Not only jasmine rice Thai is popular, but Vietnamese jasmine rice is also being trusted by both individual and corporate customers. Currently, top rice companies in Vietnam are promoting the export of jasmine rice and wants to be number one in the market.
If you are interested in K-Agriculture’s products, feel free to contact us via:
With so many various types of rice to choose from, you may want to try something with a little more taste, and jasmine rice Thai is the ideal choice for that.