Cinnamon has had a special relationship with the globe from ancient times. It’s a spice that was previously thought to be far more valuable than gold. Nowadays, cinnamon has been one of the world’s most traded spices, with many different uses. If you are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon, this article is for you.
- 1 An overview of the question where to buy Cassia cinnamon
- 2 Things you should consider when finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon
- 3 Where to buy Cassia cinnamon: 3 simple steps to find prestigious supplier
- 4 Signs of scam vendors when you have known where to buy Cassia cinnamon
- 5 Where to buy Cassia cinnamon: Importing cinnamon from Vietnam
- 6 Where to buy Cassia cinnamon: Top 3 suppliers in the world
An overview of the question where to buy Cassia cinnamon
Before deciding where to buy Cassia cinnamon, here are some facts that you should know:
Definition of Cassia cinnamon
First, to know where to buy Cassia cinnamon, you must know what Cassia is. Cassia is one of the 2 main types of cinnamon, besides Ceylon. Cassia cinnamon, also called China cinnamon, originated in South China, but now has spread more widely and is being harvested in many other South Asian countries like Vietnam and Indonesia.
There are many differences between Cassia and Ceylon cinnamon. To truly know where to buy Cassia cinnamon, you should also have insight on these differences. The basic features of the 2 kinds can be illustrated in the following table:
|Cassia cinnamon||Ceylon cinnamon|
|Reddish dark brown||Light to medium reddish brown|
|Hard, difficult to break||Fragile, easy to break|
|Sharp and strong taste||Sweet, soft, subtle taste|
|Bark is thick and uneven||Light and even bark|
|Quills contain few layers||Quills contain many layers|
As you can see, Cassia cinnamon has worse physical attributes and a stronger taste than Ceylon. This sharp and strong flavor may not be a favor of many consumers. Furthermore, Ceylon cinnamon has many other features relating to health benefits, which makes Ceylon a much more expensive product. If you are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon, you must accept that Cassia cinnamon is not the best type in the market.
Where to buy Cassia cinnamon: Different types to choose from
So now you know what Cassia cinnamon is, the next thing you need to know before deciding where to buy Cassia cinnamon is the products made from Cassia cinnamon. There are currently 7 different split-up products of Cassia cinnamon:
- Tube cinnamon: Created after you dry the inner bark of the cinnamon tree. Usually about 40-45 cm in length and the roll degree is not very high. If you are wondering where to buy Cassia cinnamon, you might not want to buy this product so much.
- Stick cinnamon: Simply small sticks made from cinnamon. This type is created using the barks from small branches and carefully processed, thus creating the final product with 15 to 20cm in length, and higher roll degree than Tube cinnamon. Stick cinnamon is one of the most hunted type of cinnamon when people are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon
- Cigarette cinnamon: Short version of Stick cinnamon, usually about 8 to 10cm long. Also a popular type for those who don’t know where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
- Split cinnamon: The dried tree bark after being cut in half along the length. This is not very popular in trading, not a very viable option when you need to find where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
- Broken cinnamon: The lowest quality type of cinnamon. This is the combination of all the failed products or broken barks during processing.
- Cinnamon powder: Made by grinding the dried cinnamon barks. This is mostly used in seasoning. If you just want to buy in small quantities and you do not know where to buy Cassia cinnamon, this should be your choice due to the powder’s flexibility and availability.
- Cinnamon oil: The oil extracted from almost every part of the cinnamon tree, including tree barks, leaves or even roots. If you are looking for where to buy high-quality Cassia cinnamon essential oil, just know that you can always contact us for supply of this good.
Where to buy Cassia cinnamon in the terms of nations
In 2020, the world total export of Cassia cinnamon is dominated by 3 Asian countries, which are Vietnam, China and Indonesia. These countries are potential options when you choose where to buy Cassia cinnamon:
- Indonesia: With approximately 1,021 thousand tons of cinnamon produced each year (40 percent of global production), Indonesia is the world’s largest cinnamon producer for those who are finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon. The majority of Indonesian cinnamon are produced on the foothills of high volcanoes and have a strong, spicy flavor with a reasonable quantity of oil content. Indonesian Cassia cinnamon are known for having a well-balanced warm and woody taste, with a low amount of spice.
- Vietnam: Vietnam is the world’s largest exporter of cinnamon if you are wondering where to buy Cassia cinnamon. The Saigon Cassia cinnamon, which tastes like regular Cassia but is stronger, more aromatic, and delicious than Indonesian cinnamon, is the main cinnamon product in Vietnam. Since its bark has more cinnamaldehyde, the essential oil that gives Vietnamese cinnamon its sweet and woody flavor, this type of cinnamon has been given a spicy, woody flavor, appropriate for many consumers who want to know where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
- China: China is also known for having one of the fastest-growing exports of Cassia cinnamon. In comparison to other nations, however, the Chinese Cassia cinnamon is not valued for its quality, oil content, or flavor. This is because its cinnamon has a strong, yet bitter smell, is disliked in many nations and is mostly utilized in Chinese medical items. If you are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon at a cheap price in return for low quality, China is the place to go.
Things you should consider when finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon
So now you have known all the basics of Cassia cinnamon. Then, what are the factors that we should focus on when finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon? Here are some suggestions.
Price: One of the most important aspects to answer where to buy Cassia cinnamon
Clearly, the price is one of the most, if not the most important aspect of buying any goods and products. The same thing applies when you want to find where to buy Cassia cinnamon in bulk because the cinnamon price is not the same in every country, as well as to every supplier. In terms of nations, Vietnam Saigon cinnamon usually has a higher price than Chinese and Indonesian Cassia cinnamon. This is because of some reasons that I will explain in the next parts.
If you are not sure where to buy Cassia cinnamon with reasonable price, for reference, here is the wholesale price of cinnamon from Vietnam, provided by K-Agriculture, the best supplier of this product:
|Type||Shipping container size||Price (USD/ton)|
Quality: Always keep in mind this factor when deciding where to buy Cassia cinnamon
Of course, the next thing to consider when deciding where to buy Cassia cinnamon is the quality of cinnamon. No matter how cheap a price you can pull off from a deal, the quality is what makes your cinnamon consumable by end-buyers or by your customers. These qualifications are generally called specifications.
You cannot find a source that concludes all the needed specifications to know where to buy Cassia cinnamon? Here we have it for you. The following are the standards of high-quality cinnamon:
- Moisture: 12%
- Essential oil content: 2-4%
- Packing: Carton (10-20kg per carton)
- Bark Thickness: 2-3mm
- Skin: Shaved
Origin of Cassia cinnamon: Understanding what you are buying!
Another factor that you should not overlook when finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon is the origin of your Cassia. This is because the cinnamon from different countries may have different features and taste.
- If you are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon, you should know that the distinct flavor that you may have tasted from cinnamon, comes from its Cassia cinnamon oil, which was made up 95% from a chemical component named “Cinnamaldehyde”. This component in Saigon and China cinnamon is higher than that of Indonesia, therefore making Vietnamese and Chinese suitable for people who love strong flavor and don’t know where to buy Cassia cinnamon. However, Chinese cinnamon is a bit more to the bitter side in flavor, so its price and quality is lower than Vietnamese Cassia.
- Indonesian Cassia cinnamon, with its popularity though, has quite low essential oil content, only about 2%. The quality of Indonesian cinnamon is also lower than Vietnamese, in case you don’t know where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
To sum up our points, here is a table comparing the quality of Cassia cinnamon in 3 dominating countries of cinnamon export. We hope that this can help you to find where to buy Cassia cinnamon:
|Type of Cassia cinnamon||Vietnam||China||Indonesia|
|Taste||Spicy and sweet||Spicy||Mildly sweet|
|Color||Dark reddish-brown||Dark-reddish brown||Light reddish-brown|
|Price||Cheap to moderate||Cheap||Cheap|
- If you are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon with cheap price, you should buy from China
- Where to buy Cassia cinnamon with slightly more pricey than Chinese and just a bit higher in quality, Indonesia should be your place
- If you want to know where to buy Cassia cinnamon with moderate prices and high quality, you should always choose Vietnam cinnamon.
Buying period: Key to finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon
The final deciding factor when choosing where to buy Cassia cinnamon is the time. This may sound weird, but it is actually true. The price and quality of cinnamon may differ between periods.
- The crop: You should feel lucky because you only have to find where to buy Cassia cinnamon instead of when. This is because the crop affects the price of every agricultural product. However, the Cassia cinnamon is not much affected by this. It is because there are actually no crops for cinnamon barks. The tree just grows and farmers can harvest anytime they want. Therefore, the price is quite stable, even if it does fluctuate, it would be a small amount.
- Logistic cost: This is actually what makes the buying period so important when deciding where to buy Cassia cinnamon. Logistic charges can vary among different times and moments. For example, shipping costs have been increasing in the last 2 years, due to the lack of resources for shipping caused by Covid. If you are finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon, you should also keep in mind the charges for shipment.
Where to buy Cassia cinnamon: 3 simple steps to find prestigious supplier
Step 1: Researching online for where to buy Cassia cinnamon
When looking where to buy Cassia cinnamon from a trustworthy provider of Vietnam, the first thing you should do is do a broad search using search engines such as Google. This is the quickest and most convenient approach to locate as many vendors as you like. “Cinnamon suppliers in Vietnam” or “Where to buy Cassia cinnamon” are some keywords to test…
Next, the market price is the most vital item to know if you want to gain a good understanding of the market of where to buy Cassia cinnamon. Alibaba and other similar platforms are ideal for conducting pricing research. Simply look for the goods you wish to buy, in this case where to buy Cassia cinnamon, and you’ll find various vendors offering different pricing ranges.
Small piece of advice: Always use critical thinking while analyzing market prices. You must determine if the supplier’s items are underpriced or overpriced. If that’s the case, you’ll need to understand why in order to fully comprehend the market. By this way you can truly know where to buy Cassia cinnamon with the best prices.
Step 2: Get detail information and filter
The next step to find where to buy Cassia cinnamon starts by listing out some vendors that you think are good to work with. This list should contain about 8 – 10 suppliers. You should not deal with too many suppliers since it may be overwhelming, and you should not work with too few to avoid missing a good Vietnam star anise manufacturer where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
What you want to do is to ask them everything, about their company, their products as well as their regulations in payment and shipping… A clever idea is to use this provider’s details to contact another source of where to buy Cassia cinnamon. For instance, if you know Supplier A’s pricing and Supplier B’s price is now higher, you might inquire as to why. By doing so, you will have a better understanding of your cinnamon supplier list and will be able to narrow it down to roughly 2-3 top providers to answer where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
Instead of focusing on low prices, we recommend that you engage with suppliers who have a strong reputation and trust. Because the contract might be worth up to thousands of dollars, it is more vital to be cautious than to save money when you are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
Step 3: Find your supplier and negotiate
After you’ve found where to buy Cassia cinnamon that is most appropriate, it’s time to haggle. This is also crucial since you may be able to acquire some extremely fantastic deals through haggling. For example, if you promise long-term collaboration, you could earn a discount…
Furthermore, you may negotiate future coordination times with that source so that both you and that provider can collaborate more in the long term. This is in order for you to not have to find where to buy Cassia cinnamon the next time.
Signs of scam vendors when you have known where to buy Cassia cinnamon
Even if you have found where to buy Cassia cinnamon, it is important that you always check their credibility. Here are some features of reliable and scam suppliers of Cassia cinnamon that you can refer to:
Check these signs to find a reliable supplier of where to buy Cassia cinnamon:
- Supplier profiles must be clear, with contact addresses and phone numbers prominently shown on their websites. Before doing business with a supplier, customers should first discover the positions of their offices and confirm their validity on a map. This is exactly the phase when you find where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
- Qualifications that are unavoidable: In order to meet the requirements of exporting, every wholesale cinnamon provider must get permits and certificates to demonstrate quality of the product, such as ISO standards.
- Good records of the past: Working with reliable suppliers of where to buy Cassia cinnamon may provide merchants peace of mind and reduce the danger of being a victim of a scam.
As a consequence, these are some features of a supplier that you should avoid working with when finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon:
- To fool unsuspecting consumers, Cassia cinnamon merchants may utilize bogus discount programs or low prices when buying in bulk. To see the market in its entirety, a prudent merchandiser should verify the prices pinned on a variety of websites.
- Early payment requirements: Untrustworthy vendors of where to buy Cassia cinnamon Never accept upfront payment without providing any legal documentation related to the transportation of goods. Even though this situation is very prevalent, many inexperienced shops are ignorant of it. If you are wondering where to buy Cassia cinnamon, you should not look this over at all.
- Uncertain detail/information: A supplier’s website is almost probably a scam if it lacks a telephone number or an address. If suppliers want merchants to contact them, they don’t need to hide their accounts. This is almost like finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon but you have no clue.
Where to buy Cassia cinnamon: Importing cinnamon from Vietnam
Vietnam is the world’s leading place where to buy Cassia cinnamon and is known for producing high-quality cinnamon at a fair price, which is why its cinnamon is so popular in huge markets like India, the United States, Indonesia, and the United Arab Emirates.
If you’re thinking about where to buy Cassia cinnamon from Vietnam, here’s some helpful information to keep in mind:
- Tariffs on imports: In 2018, the tariff rates on Cinnamon in Vietnam was 18.6 percent. Vietnam, on the other hand, is a fairly open country of where to buy Cassia cinnamon with relations with practically every country on the planet (by early 2022, it has 15 FTAs active and 2 FTAs under negotiation), making it a very viable option for choosing where to buy Cassia cinnamon. As a result, you should double-check import duties because the import duty on cinnamon from Vietnam is relatively cheap in many nations. This makes Vietnam even more appealing to those who are looking for where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
- Payment options: Based on your contracts with the Cassia cinnamon provider, you can utilize a variety of payment methods. If you are finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon from Vietnam, you should know that Vietnamese exporters prefer T/T payment and irreversible LC upon sight.
- Since Vietnam is really an ocean-facing nation, it is far more easy and cost-effective to import Cassia cinnamon by sea. In terms of shipping techniques, Vietnamese suppliers often favor CIF or FOB terms. Those who are finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon from Vietnam, you should also prepare for these types of shipment.
- Documents: When importing cinnamon, you should demand the vendor to produce and present several extremely crucial documentation, such as:
+ Business registration of export enterprises
+ Tax code certification
+ Export customs declarations
+ Bill of lading
+ Commercial contract
+ Packing list
+ Container handover minutes
+ Certificate of quality, certificate of product origin
+ Phytosanitary Certificate
+ Certificate of fumigation
Where to buy Cassia cinnamon: Top 3 suppliers in the world
Rempah Sari from Indonesia
Rempah Sari is the most popular brand in Indonesia to answer the question where to buy Cassia cinnamon. It was founded in 1964, which proves its experience in manufacturing and exporting agricultural goods.
Even though Rempah Sari only started producing Cassia cinnamon lately, its reputation can still make it a reasonable choice of where to buy Cassia cinnamon.
K-Agriculture: The best Cassia cinnamon vendor in Vietnam
K-Agriculture was founded in 1996 in the name of the CEO Mr. Daniel Trong Quy, a successful B2B businessman in Vietnam, who is also famous for writing the book “B2B – The road to the world”. K-Agriculture focuses on exporting high-quality Vietnamese agricultural products, including Cassia cinnamon. They are distinguished by modern manufacturing lines, long experience in exporting to the international market, and a professional workforce. If you want to know where to buy Cassia cinnamon in Vietnam, do not miss this company out.
WhatsApp: +84855 555 794
Jining Sunagro Trade from China
In recent years, Jining Sunagro Trade Co., Ltd. has expanded from a small business to a significant grower, processor, and exporter of agricultural products. Its supply of cinnamon has received approval from ETI, SGS, and GRASP.
These cinnamon stick wholesalers are well-known in the industry for their proficiency and success. As a result, they are extremely dependable partners for both you and your company when finding where to buy Cassia cinnamon.