Due to the significant development of the wholesale basmati rice trade, many basmati rice suppliers have been established to satisfy the increasing global demand.
- 1 Basmati rice suppliers’ overview
- 2 Essential elements for basmati rice suppliers’ development
- 3 Basmati rice suppliers: ways to find them
- 4 Basmati rice exporters: a guideline to work effectively with them
- 5 The best basmati rice exporters
Basmati rice suppliers’ overview
There are many things that buyers should know about basmati rice suppliers before working with them.
Definition of basmati rice suppliers
Basmati rice suppliers can be individuals or companies that specialize in providing basmati rice to customers. To become a supplier of basmati rice, the company has to ensure 4 elements.
- Basmati rice suppliers have to have required documents such as FSSC 22000 or ISO 9000 to show the rice quality and business licenses.
- Processing facilities must meet strict requirements in rice production, approved by competent authorities.
- Basmati rice suppliers must ensure that their rice process and waste treatment are friendly with the environment.
- Basmati rice suppliers must protect the rights of farmers and employees related to health, wages, and working environment.
Basmati rice suppliers are different from distributors. While suppliers directly provide input resources for customers, distributors work as an intermediary between basmati rice suppliers and end buyers. Besides reselling basmati rice, distributors also offer other services such as consultation, after-sale services, and payment.
Basmati rice suppliers can be classified into 2 types.
- Direct basmati rice suppliers are self-produced suppliers. They have rice fields and mills located right in growing areas such as India and Pakistan. So that the price of these basmati rice suppliers will be affordable.
- Intermediate basmati rice suppliers will be in countries such as Singapore or the Philippines, which are not specialized in growing basmati. They often import rice from the growing areas, then invest in processing technology to produce high-quality products.
Leading products of basmati rice suppliers
The products offered by basmati rice suppliers are diverse because of the diverse customer needs. Featured basmati rice varieties include:
- Pusa Basmati 1121 is the most popular variety of basmati rice, having long grains with sharp points. Pusa Basmati is the best choice for Pilaf and Biryani.
- Basmati 386 is known as the premium variety when its length doubles if cooked.
- Ranbir Basmati is distributed to Dehradun, and Jammy & Kashmir. Its consumers are the local people who prefer a notable aroma and flavor.
- Taraori Basmati is the oldest variety that was grown in 1933 in Taraori. Pilaf is the most famous dish made by Taraori Basmati.
- Basmati 217 is the newest variety, having a rich aroma. Its grains are extra long.
Basmati rice suppliers’ main location
India and Pakistan are the two major countries that have many basmati rice suppliers because they are the homeland of this rice. In 2019, Indian basmati rice suppliers provided 7.2 million tonnes (85% of the world’s total), while Pakistan exported 2.7 million tonnes.
The advantages of supply chains and policies make many basmati rice suppliers choose India and Pakistan as their location
- These countries have a large basmati rice production capacity
Basmati rice was grown in India and Pakistan 250 years ago. This rice has become one of the typical rice varieties of this region, with stable output. In the 2011-12 season, Pakistan harvested 2.4 million tons of basmati rice, while India harvested 5 million tons.
The steady production of basmati rice is due to these two countries having tropical climates, high rainfall, and wide cultivation areas. 2 million hectares in India and 1 million hectares in Pakistan are used to grow basmati rice.
- Governmental policies strongly support the development of basmati rice suppliers.
In order to boost the export output of basmati rice suppliers, India does not restrict exports, setting a minimum price or quota regulations like for non-basmati rice. In addition, in 1991, India devalued the rupee which made basmati rice more competitive in the international market. As a result, the export volume of basmati rice suppliers increased.
Essential elements for basmati rice suppliers’ development
As the basmati rice export market is volatile and highly competitive, it is not easy to succeed in this field. The development of basmati rice suppliers is mainly based on the following factors.
- The stability of supply chains plays a crucial role in the development of basmati rice suppliers. For example, in 2012, only 2.4 million tonnes of basmati rice were produced in Pakistan, leading to a decline in the basmati rice suppliers’ export volume, down to 1 million tonnes.
Supply will also affect the price offered by basmati rice suppliers. From October to November 2016, the price of basmati rice increased by 20-25% depending on the variety, mainly due to a decrease in supply due to low rainfall in the major basmati rice-producing states of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
- The consumption market of basmati rice suppliers is very large. Iran is India’s largest basmati rice export market and accounts for 25% of India’s total aromatic rice exports annually. The increased demand for basmati rice in the country has helped the export volume of Indian basmati rice suppliers to increase sharply by 32% in 2017.
- The sea freight situation will directly affect the CIF price and shipping schedule of basmati rice suppliers. Currently, due to the complicated developments of Covid-19, many international ports in Singapore and the UAE have tightened management of Indian cargo ships, prolonging transit time. Since then, the freight rate has increased from 350-1150 USD/container.
- The export of basmati rice suppliers is directly linked to the policies of the governments of the exporting and importing countries.
The Agricultural Products and Processed Foodstuffs Export Development Authority of India (APEDA) said it has registered for a geographical indication for Indian basmati rice since February 2016, a move aimed at boosting production exports of basmati rice suppliers.
The tightening of pesticide residues by the European Union (EU) has led to a significant decrease in exports of basmati rice suppliers in India and Pakistan (58% in volume and 40% in value). in the first 7 months of the year).
Basmati rice suppliers: ways to find them
Currently, there are many suppliers of basmati rice, so finding a reputable name is quite difficult. Therefore, buyers need to distinguish reputable suppliers and scammers, as well as channels to find.
Signs to recognize reputable basmati rice suppliers
Before searching, buyers should list certain criteria to evaluate the reputation of basmati rice suppliers
- Transparency in business documents and supplier profile is one of the most important requirements. To prove they are real, basmati rice suppliers have to show their business permits, company profile, website, and other social media. Based on that basic information, the trust of the buyers will be leveled up.
- The quality of basmati rice is the core to attract the buyers’ interest. The basic certifications basmati rice suppliers need to have are HACCP, ISO 9000, or FSSC 22000. In addition, depending on the import market, basmati rice suppliers need to have other certifications such as USDA (America), Global GAP, or HALAL (Muslim countries).
- The reputation of basmati rice suppliers is shown through their testimonials. These documents will prove that the basmati rice suppliers have experience in providing bulk basmati rice for other companies.
Read more: How to find reputable jasmine rice suppliers
Signs to avoid scam basmati rice suppliers
There are many basmati rice suppliers on the rice trade now, the risk of being scammed has been increasing too. Hence, buyers should know some specific hints of scam basmati rice suppliers.
- Too low price
The wholesale price of basmati rice fluctuates from time to time so that there is a difference between prices offered by different basmati rice suppliers. However, if the basmati rice suppliers offer a price that is too low than the market price, buyers should be more careful and re-check the suppliers.
- Lack of basic information
Basically, reputable basmati rice suppliers can provide certain information such as the website, company profile, business permits, and past performance. If not, there is a higher risk that those basmati rice suppliers are scammers.
- Early payment urge
Unreliable basmati rice suppliers usually urge the buyers to finish payment at one time before the rice is delivered. This is one of the highlighted signs for the buyers to identify scammers.
Useful channels to find basmati rice suppliers
To find basmati rice suppliers, buyers can rely on the following channels.
- Through E-commercial platforms
Basmati rice suppliers usually have their online stores on Alibaba, go4worldbusiness, or Tradewheel. Buyers can easily find them on those E-commercial platforms by searching keywords related to basmati rice. By using this way, the buyers can find not only the basmati rice suppliers’ information but also their products.
- Through the Internet
Searching on Google is another way to find basmati rice suppliers, which has many results for buyer choices. However, it is difficult to evaluate all of the basmati rice suppliers on Google because there is no organization verifying their reputation.
- Through trade fairs
Attending trade fairs gives buyers opportunities to have face-to-face interaction with basmati rice suppliers. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all of the offline trade fairs are canceled. Sometimes, virtual trade fairs are opened to connect basmati rice suppliers and buyers.
- Through the Embassy in the local countries
Buyers can work with the Embassy in India and Pakistan for the recommendation of basmati rice suppliers. This is a reliable source ensuring the reputation of the basmati rice suppliers.
Basmati rice exporters: a guideline to work effectively with them
To successfully deal with basmati rice suppliers, buyers need to follow the following steps.
Learn the laws in both exporting and importing countries.
The first thing buyers need to understand is the regulations in exporting and importing rice in basmati rice suppliers’ countries and the buyers’ countries. Having a profound knowledge of export and import laws will help the buyers prepare necessary documents. In addition, every country has different regulations in exporting basmati rice in bulk, therefore, document preparation will take time.
Identify the specific variety of basmati rice
Basmati rice has many varieties such as Basmati 217, Dehraduni Basmati, Basmati 370, Pusa Basmati, etc. The different markets will have specific demands for certain basmati rice varieties. For example, Iran and Iraq are the major consumers of Indian basmati rice, while China and Bangladesh prefer Pakistani rice. Before finding basmati rice suppliers, buyers should study the market trend and decide which varieties of basmati rice are suitable for their target market.
Find the most reliable basmati rice suppliers
This is an important step because only reputation basmati rice suppliers can provide good supply chains. The buyers should list criteria for expected basmati rice suppliers to choose the most suitable one. In addition, to avoid scammers, the buyers should check the basic information about the basmati rice suppliers and contact them directly to verify.
Negotiate price and payment terms, and sign a contract
Price is one of the decisive factors for cooperation between buyers and basmati rice suppliers. Buyers should clarify the specification of basmati rice so that suppliers can easily quote prices. Then the two sides will also discuss to come up with a suitable price.
The form of payment is also very important. Buyers can pay directly via bank (bank telegraphic transfer) or by Letter of Credit. Another way is to transfer money online via Paypal, Escrow, or Western Union. After that, the two sides will sign an official contract.
If this is the first time for both buyers and basmati rice suppliers, ordering the sample is necessary to test the rice quality.
Receive the goods and give feedback to the basmati rice suppliers
Right after receiving the goods, the buyer needs to carefully check both the quality and quantity. If there is any problem, the buyer should contact the basmati rice supplier to solve it.
The best basmati rice exporters
Here is the list of the most reputable basmati rice suppliers that have a large production capacity and wide distribution.
Shree Krishna Rice Mills – one of the Indian basmati rice suppliers
Shree Krishna Rice Mills is one of the reputable basmati rice suppliers from India. Established in 1998, this supplier has built a system of milling plants and a supply chain for basmati rice to the international market.
Shree Krishna Rice Mills obtained many international certifications in the production and supply of basmati rice such as ISO 9001:2015, HACCP, HALAL, etc. This basmati rice supplier has 25000 mt of storage capacity and offers a wide selection of packaging from 1kg to 50kg.
Shree Krishna Rice Mills offers many products of basmati rice such as
- Traditional basmati rice
- Pusa basmati rice
- 1121 basmati rice
- 1401 basmati rice
Muskan Overseas – one of the Indian basmati rice suppliers from
After more than 4 decades of establishment, Muskan Overseas is considered one of the leading basmati rice suppliers in India. Muskan Overseas offers a wide variety of basmati rice, combined with advanced technology for the best rice quality.
- Traditional basmati rice
- 1121 basmati rice
- Pusa basmati rice
Currently, this basmati rice supplier is a trusted partner of more than 75 customers in 15 different countries. Muska Overseas’s distribution network is very wide.
HAS Rice Pakistan – one of the Pakistani basmati rice suppliers
HAS Rice Pakistan was established in 1969 with the aim of becoming a global company in exporting Pakistani rice in general and basmati rice in particular.
Every year, this basmati rice supplier exports nearly 20000 bags to countries in the Middle East and Europe, offering a wide selection of packaging from 1kg to 100kg. Basmati rice products of HAS Rice Pakistan include:
- Pak 385/D-98 basmati rice
- Pak Super Kernel basmati rice
- Pak 1121 XXL White basmati rice
Matco Foods Limited – one of the Pakistani basmati rice suppliers
One of the largest basmati rice suppliers in Pakistan is Matco Foods Limited with more than 50 years of experience. Every year, Matco Foods Limited can produce 150.000 MT of basmati rice because the supplier establishes many factories in large growing areas such as Sadhokeplant, Punjab, and Sindh.
Now, Matco Foods Limited has a wide distribution to more than 60 countries around the world. This basmati rice supplier provides many products of basmati rice to satisfy diverse consumer needs.
- Super basmati rice
- Super Sella basmati rice
- Super Fince basmati rice
K-Agriculture Factory is one of the best agricultural factories in Vietnam, specializing in wholesale Rice, Coffee, and Spices. We bring our best products with the highest quality to 80 countries. Supported by the Ministry of Industry and Trade, K-Agriculture Factory becomes a national project to bring Vietnamese Rice, Coffee, and Spices to the world.
For special discounts and free consultation, contact us now via
WhatsApp: +84855555694 (Ms. Evelyn – sales manager at K-Agriculture Factory)