Buying white rice in bulk always needs to consider many factors such as price, quality of rice, and shipping fees,.. especially when more and more places choose to produce and wholesale rice today.
In this article, we will provide all you need to know when buying white rice in bulk and suggest some reputable and quality wholesale rice businesses for you.
- 1 An overview of white rice in bulk
- 2 Rice varieties for wholesale white rice
- 3 Top white rice in bulk exporters countries in the world
- 4 Factors affecting white rice in bulk price
- 5 White rice in bulk: What makes a rice supplier reliable?
- 6 White rice in bulk: Top 3 suppliers
- 7 Wholesale white rice working methods with suppliers
- 8 FAQ
An overview of white rice in bulk
Rice is a major staple crop that feeds over half of the world’s population. Rice grains include several nutrients such as protein, fiber, starch, and other health-promoting substances, as rice is becoming increasingly popular around the world. Here is some primary information you should know about white rice in bulk.
Definition and features of white rice in bulk
Rice is a byproduct of the rice plant. The rice grain will be obtained after milling the rice and removing the husk. White rice in bulk is rice that has been milled and polished to remove the husk, bran, and germ layers, making the grain whiter.
- The grain of rice can vary in shape depending on the type of white rice in bulk.
- Rice’s structure after being cooked is determined by two starches: amylose and amylopectin. According to recent research, short- and medium-grain white rice in bulk has higher quantities of amylopectin, making them wet and sticky when cooked. Long-grain white rice in bulk, on the other hand, has more amylose. As a result, its texture remains soft and separates when cooked.
- White rice in bulk has a neutral taste so it can be easily combined with many dishes and creates many distinctive flavors.
- In 2020, Thai Jasmine rice won the World’s Best Rice contest, followed by Vietnam’s ST25 rice in second place.
The process of pre-exporting white rice in bulk
White rice in bulk for export usually goes through the following process:
- Step 1: Drying
After being harvested, fresh rice is transported to a drying facility to reduce moisture content for the preservation process and to ensure quality. Rice typically has a moisture level of 20-30% after harvest, which is reduced to 13-14% so that white rice in bulk can be stored for 3-4 months.
- Step 2: Sieve impurities
A critical first step in the preparation for exporting white rice in bulk. The impurities to be removed include rice husks, termites, sandstones, etc., if any.
- Step 3: Peeling/ separating the husk
The grain will be passed through the hulling system and separating the husk to achieve the finished product is brown rice.
- Step 4: White milling
Brown rice is normally whitened 1 to 2 times to separate the bran layer, then the ultimate result is rice and coarse bran.
- Step 5: Wipe white
White rice in bulk is whitewashed 1 to 2 times to separate the fine bran layer.
- Step 6: Broken rice separation
There are 2 usual steps of broken rice separation: separation through a sieve, then separation through the drum. In fact, the lower the broken percentage of white rice in bulk, the higher the value.
- Step 7: White rice in bulk storage
Finished rice is stored in silos waiting for export bagging.
- Step 8: Color separation
Depending on the customers’ requirements, white rice in bulk can be color separated before being weighed and packed into packages for export. Finished white rice in bulk is usually packed in 25kg bags.
- In addition, the OEM packaging policy allows white rice in bulk buyers to design their own, or request custom packaging.
- This policy is already present in many rice white rice in bulk suppliers businesses, such as Vietnam K-Agriculture.
Types of white rice in bulk
White rice in bulk is classified into three categories based on grain length.
- Short-grain white rice in bulk:
Rice with a slightly rounded shape, when cooked has the soft and sticky texture of all rice. The grain of this type is less than twice as wide as long-grain white rice in bulk and has a sticky texture after cooking.
Currently, Japonica is the most famous. Vietnam has successfully purchased seeds of this rice and produced products with good quality and more affordable prices.
- Medium-grain white rice in bulk:
Medium-grain rice is relatively short (about 5.2mm – 6.5mm). After cooking, the texture is soft but not as sticky as short-grain rice.
- Long-grain white rice in bulk:
The length of the grain rice is three to four times its width. This type of white rice in bulk is quite popularly used in daily meals. In Vietnam, some delicious long grain rice brands are ST, Jasmine, and OM5451.
This type of white rice in bulk has the thinnest structure of the three and contains less starch, making it light, separable, and fluffy when cooked.
Rice varieties for wholesale white rice
Wholesale white rice comes in a diversity of varieties, each with its characteristics and origins. To choose the right type for each purpose, it is necessary to learn about some of the different types.
|Product group||Rice name||Rice characteristics||Cooked-rice characteristics|
|Seeds are long, tapered, clear, and aromatic, with a seed length of 7.5-8.5mm and a fat thickness of 0.8-1mm||ST24, ST25 lines are more aromatic than ST5, 20 lines. The soft texture of delicious rice from all lines is fragrant with pandan leaves.|
|Japonica||Round seeds, average length 5.1mm.||sticky rice|
|Popular long-grain fragrant rice||Jasmine||long, clear white, grain seeds with the length of 6.8mm||Lightly fragrant, little sticky rice|
|OM5451||elongated, thin body, slightly milky white in color seeds||soft rice|
|Common long-grain rice – low line||OM504||Opaque seeds, average length 6.2mm||Sponge rice.
Also used to process rice starch
White rice is appropriate for different varieties of rice depending on the wholesaler.
- High-end markets: such as Europe, major wholesalers of white rice might choose rice with high-quality characteristics such as ST or Japonica rice lines in the high-end sector.
- Midrange market: white rice wholesalers can use Jasmine, rice lines OM541 for the production and promotion of items such as Asian countries, especially the trade of Vietnam rice export to China is growing considerably.
- Popular market: the features of small markets include financial restrictions in the choice of rice, therefore white rice wholesalers have to concentrate on cheap rice varieties.
White rice in bulk: Most rice-consuming countries
Rice is one of the world’s most popular grains and appears in almost every Asian daily meal.
- Asia is the world’s most populous region, as well as the biggest consumption market of white rice in bulk. In particular, China and India use more than half of all rice consumed worldwide.
- According to the statistics, China consumes more white rice in bulk than any other country, with about 154.9 million tons consumed in 2021/2022, followed by South Asian countries (India, Bangladesh), and Southeast Asian countries (Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam,…)
- Each country has a different culinary culture. Therefore, different types of white rice in bulk are preferred depending on the taste of each region. Here are some prominent markets and popular varieties of rice there.
Top white rice in bulk exporters countries in the world
White rice in bulk is heavily developed throughout South and Southeast Asia due to its suitability for hot and humid climates, which is suitable for growing rice.
- India, Vietnam, and Thailand are the top 3 exporters of white rice in bulk countries according to USDA’s statistics (2/2021)
In 2021, India continues to be the world’s largest rice exporter with rice exports reaching nearly 20 million tons, accounting for more than 25% of the global market share. Thailand and Vietnam still are prominent names among the world’s largest white rice in bulk exporting countries.
- Several popular varieties of rice are dominating the rice market and capturing a high market share.
- There will be numerous varieties of wholesale rice depending on your needs or the market you are targeting.
- If you want to buy white rice in bulk at the cheapest price, IR504 is the greatest option. Vietnam is the only country that manufactures IR504.
- If you wish to buy higher-quality white rice in bulk at a reasonable price, select Jasmine (Thailand) or DT08 (Vietnam)
- Furthermore, the white rice in bulk with the highest price today is Vietnam’s ST (such as ST24, ST25), which is also known as “the best rice in the world.” Because of its high quality, ST rice is especially popular in the American and European markets.
Each type of white rice in bulk has its strengths and weaknesses, you should consider other factors such as quality, price, target market, and buying purpose to choose the best type of white rice in bulk to import.
Read more: How to import rice from Vietnam – A competitive market
Wholesale white rice opportunities
There are several advantages of doing wholesale white rice as a valuable business. Participating in wholesale white rice has the following benefits:
- Massive amount: Since white rice is very popular, especially in Asian markets, wholesale white rice is a very potential industry… Profit margins of 3 to 5 dollars per bag of white rice can translate into hundreds of thousands of dollars in total revenue.
- Great purchasing power: With a large demand, the purchasing power will be enormous, resulting in an ideal profitable wholesale white rice industry.
- Find providers easily: Consequently, the white rice in bulk is one of agriculture’s leading wholesale industries, it’s extremely easy to find suppliers and distributors due to a large number of white rice manufacturers and distributors in the industry.
Wholesale white rice challenges
Although there are numerous advantages to wholesale white rice, businesses involved in the wholesale white rice business must be aware of the following challenges:
- Risky market: The risk in the wholesale white rice market increases as the profit increases. While there are many potential benefits, there are also many issues, such as being scammed, dealing with legal issues, and navigating difficult customs processes. In addition to the risk of fraud, rice is a sensitive agricultural product linked to food safety and price subsidies. In order for wholesalers to take part in a market for wholesale white rice, political risks need to be taken into account.
- Large competitors: Since the wholesale white rice market is generating huge profits, there is no shortage of big firms in the industry who are willing to invest and develop which increases its competitiveness.
- Rice storage difficulty: As there is a global inspect association, companies doing wholesale white rice should pay close attention to meet the required standards in product quality.
Factors affecting white rice in bulk price
The white rice in the bulk market is still growing, but it needs price flexibility and certain knowledge to choose the finest rice at the best price. Here are some simple elements to consider while trading white rice in bulk to prevent getting scammed into purchasing overpriced or low-quality rice.
- Rice quality
Non-fragrant white rice in bulk (IR504, OM5451) is not as expensive as fragrant rice (ST or Jasmine), although they are all long-grain rice.
Similarly, the broken percentage also affects the price. Compared to the standard of 5% broken white rice in bulk, the higher the percentage of broken rice, the cheaper it is.
- The price of white rice in bulk is determined by the last eater’s taste.
The more tasty and popular the white rice is, such as ST and Japonica rice, the higher the rice wholesale price.
Japonica rice is specially used for making sushi because of its extremely flexible qualities and excellent stickiness.
- Productivity of each type of white rice in bulk
Some types of rice have higher requirements, requiring more careful and thorough planting and harvesting to yield the greatest rice. These types of white rice in bulk are typically more expensive.
For instance, a 1-hectare field will harvest 7 tons of rice 5251, but ST 25 can only harvest 4 tons.
- Import laws and regulations about white rice in the bulk in each country
Besides common standards, each import market has different requirements for white rice in bulk such as residues chemicals, pesticides, impurities, handling, and preservation.
The quality of rice products is related to the national security of all exporting and importing countries. As a result, white rice in bulk exporters must regularly update import and export policies and regulations to adjust the price. In Vietnam, some types of white rice in bulk are ST, Jasmine, and OM5451, which have been exempted from tax incentives by Europe.
White rice in bulk: What makes a rice supplier reliable?
Finding a dependable wholesale rice supplier for long-term partnership is difficult, even with the assistance of these smart digital platforms. As a result, there are numerous factors to examine in the supplier-based assessment.
Clear and public information
Reliable white rice in bulk suppliers certainly have a clear position of offices and factories to gain the trust of customers. A regularly updated website is the easiest sign to identify reputable white rice in bulk suppliers.
Legal business license and certificate
When it comes to reputable white rice in bulk suppliers, showing off their license and track record is the best way to gain customers’ trust and enhance their position in the white rice in bulk market.
In general, some documents required for rice export are a business registration license, export license, ISO 22000:2005 certification to ensure food safety for health, and HACCP certification on control hazards in food production and processing.
In addition, each country will require specific certificates. For example, Halal certification is only for markets in Muslim countries, to ensure that there are no ingredients in the white rice in bulk raw materials that are prohibited by Islamic law (LHG).
Past performance of white rice in bulk suppliers
Showing BL (Bill of Lading) or feedback from previous customers might reflect the quality of white rice in bulk sellers.
If the suppliers provide them with good products, services, and shipments, they will receive positive feedback from their buyers.
White rice in bulk: Top 3 suppliers
1. K-Agriculture Vietnam
K-Agriculture Factory is one of Vietnam’s the best rice suppliers of white rice in bulk. The facility manufactures and distributes about 3 million tonnes of rice to 80 countries each year. K-Agriculture, in particular, offers a variety of white rice varieties in bulk, including ST, Jasmine rice, Japonica, OM5451, IR504, and so on.
Otherwise, K-Agriculture Factory also provides reasonable prices, good customer service, and easy payment ways for their white rice in bulk buyers.
- Website: https://k-agriculture.com
- WhatsApp: +84855555694 (Ms. Evelyn – Sales Manager at K-Agriculture Factory)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Hak Yong Co.
Hak Yong Co is long-standing white rice in bulk supplier in Singapore, both at a local and global level.
Hak Yong Co. provides 5 types of white rice in bulk: Thai Hom Mali Fragrant Rice, Jasmine Rice, Brown Rice, Mixed Brown Rice, and Red Rice. Otherwise, they also distribute other ordinary foodstuff and provisions such as sugar, flour, oil, and salt.
3. Wonnapob Company
Wonnapob Company is a reputable white rice bulk distributor in Thailand. This Thai family-owned business was set up in 1895, offering a large selection of Thai rice, including Jasmine, glutinous rice, brown rice, white rice in bulk, and a special blend of rice.
With a long family history and advanced automatic rice processing equipment, Wonnapob can supply rice products of high quality and guarantee even large orders.
Wholesale white rice working methods with suppliers
When finding a suitable rice supplier, white rice wholesalers need to pay attention to:
- Verify information: Re-validation information will help companies doing wholesale white rice determine the credibility and reputation of product suppliers to avoid unexpected cases.
- Find and select the right products: Define the wholesale white rice company’s target market in order to develop an effective sales strategy.
- Negotiation: This is one of the most important steps in increasing sales in the wholesale white rice business. A business’s ability to negotiate a good price will be determined by the product type and quantity.
- Signing the contract: Be sure to read all the terms before signing the contract. Businesses in wholesale white rice will be better informed about the rights and will be able to avoid being scammed.
- Payment: Pay close attention to the payment process and double-check the information to avoid entering incorrect data or being scammed.
- Receive goods and give feedback to suppliers: Wholesalers also need to perform numerous studies after having had advice on working with white rice wholesalers to obtain more practical experience, enhance their own experience and draw many lessons on the market. Taking part in wholesale white rice is one of the most important factors in cultivation. White rice distributors should therefore offer enterprise-specific solutions proactively, thereby optimizing revenues.
Identify a scam in wholesale white rice
The wholesale white rice industry is a large industry consisting of manufacturers, B2B businesses, and individual brokers, so scam cases are possible.
A scam is most likely to occur if the partner’s information is unclear, there is no specific proof, and the transaction terms seem strange.
Prior to signing a contract or shipping goods, companies must ensure that their partners are genuine in order to avoid potential conflicts of interest that could harm the business.
As previously noted, relying on the advice of specialists is a technique of avoiding scams but in many genres scams with sophisticated approaches are now increasingly varied. Various and numerous ways of acting.
White rice wholesalers therefore must always be attentive and prudent in their business.
Some frequently asked questions when wholesale white rice:
How to check the product quality with wholesale white rice suppliers if customers can’t come to see it directly?
White rice suppliers’ quality is usually assessed by experts with clear documentation when wholesale white rice is imported from other countries.
As long as companies choose reputable suppliers, they can rest assured that they will receive high-quality products. One of the finest techniques is to ask someone they know to inspect them if customers can not go directly to the quality inspection.
This not only helps customers to see the products they intend to buy most honestly, but it also provides credibility and minimizes concern when ordering a massive amount.
The customer can order a sample of rice if nobody knows the country. While this also guarantees authenticity, it is rather uncomfortable, as it takes time for the new samples to come.
Do suppliers assist in providing rice samples when wholesale white rice?
In most cases, white rice wholesalers will assist customers in obtaining samples of rice from the wholesaler or distributor. Sample orders will be based on customers’ requirements about specifications, product quality, and any other shipping service.
Customers who are far away and do not feel secure or want to check the quality of rice from white rice wholesalers, customers can ask about rice samples for each type of purpose so that they can be consulted by wholesalers, support as well as quotes of samples.
What kind of price is it when doing wholesale white rice?
The price often is FOB. However, customers can also inquire about CIF and EXW prices to suppliers. Cat Lai port and Ho Chi Minh port are export ports in Vietnam.
Prices will vary depending on the time at each port. Prices are modified and slightly more expensive than usual in view of the difficulty of the disease, particularly during the present Covid Outbreak.
Wholesalers therefore can locate and choose appropriate pricing for their business, depending on their needs and aims.
We hope you found our article informative and helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or contact us directly, and K-agriculture, one of the leading rice factories, will be happy to provide you with further explanations.