Vietnamese cinnamon powder is one of the best and highest quality in its market. Therefore, Vietnamese cinnamon powder is a trusted choice of many wholesalers all over the world, especially the USA and EU, regarded it as a reliable choice.
Check out our videos below for business advantages of Vietnamese cinnamon powder!
- 1 What is Vietnamese cinnamon powder?
- 2 Vietnam cinnamon powder is one of the best in Southeast Asia
- 3 Reputable Vietnamese cinnamon powder exporters and ways to find them
- 4 Top 3 Vietnamese cinnamon powder wholesalers and exporters
What is Vietnamese cinnamon powder?
Before deciding to trade Vietnamese cinnamon in large amounts, you need to understand what it means by cinnamon powder, how it is like, and what purposes this product is used for. Reading this part might help you get more information.
Vietnamese cinnamon powder – Definition and the origin
- Definition: Vietnamese cinnamon powder is made from 100% natural cassia cinnamon which is crushed from the cinnamon bark. After removing the outer cuticle, dried cinnamon bark is crushed to form a cinnamon powder, usually 80-100 mesh or 100-120 mesh.
- Origin: Vietnamese cinnamon powder comes from the higher, mountainous regions of Central and Northern Vietnam. Cinnamon is commonly grown in Yen Bai, Quang Ninh, and some places in Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, and Tuyen Quang,… in which, Yen Bai is the province with the largest area. The Vietnamese main varieties of cinnamon are Cinnamomum cassia. Also, soil and weather in Vietnam are very favorable for producing high-quality cinnamon powder in Vietnam.
Characteristics of Vietnamese cinnamon powder
Cinnamon bark, after being dried and removed from the outer cuticle, is crushed to form cinnamon powder. Here are some basic properties belonging to one of the best Vietnamese cinnamon powder products in Van Yen, Yen Bai:
Refractive index of essential oils
1,6025 – 1,6048
Percentage of essential oils
1,0403 – 1,0477
|Essential oil content||
4,38 – 6,07
|Concentration of Aldehyde cinnamic in essential oils||(%,v/w)||
84,93 – 90,10
Vietnamese cinnamon powder is made 100% from Cassia cinnamon. It has a light brown or reddish-brown color and a rougher, grainier texture than its Ceylon counterpart. In addition, the essential oil contained in cinnamon powder sometimes can up to the maximum of 6% of cinnamaldehyde, giving it a characteristic spicy cinnamon taste.
The best Vietnamese cinnamon powder is reddish-brown in color because of the higher oil content and strong natural aroma of cinnamon.
How to use Vietnamese Cinnamon Powder
Vietnamese cinnamon powder is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the plane. So, you can be easily used in cooking and for medical reasons such as lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, etc.
For example, banking goods, adding flavor to yogurt, cereal, and certain savory dishes. Here is a suggestion of several common ways to enjoy it in cooking, which is quite popular among people who love using cinnamon in their foods:
- Sprinkle it on oatmeal to add flavor.
- Add it to a delicious smoothie.
- Bake with it in goods such as muffins, pies, or bread.
- Add it to curries or marinades and other savory dishes.
- Add it to a hot pot of tea.
Vietnamese cinnamon and its health benefits
Modern science has now confirmed what people have known for ages and Vietnamese cinnamon powder is one of them. The wonderful product made from Vietnamese cinnamon trees has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years. One of the reasons for that is that Vietnam’s soil and climate conditions are very favorable for growing high-quality cinnamon in within the country.
In general, cinnamon powder has numerous health benefits that are supported by scientific research, including:
- Powerful Medicinal Properties
- Loaded With Antioxidants
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Cut the Risk of Heart Disease
- Improve Sensitivity to The Hormone Insulin
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels and Has a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect
- Have Beneficial Effects on Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Protect Against Cancer
- Help Fight Bacterial and Fungal Infections
- Help Fight the HIV Virus
Above are 10 possible health benefits of cinnamon powder when people use Vietnamese cinnamon powder at 1 to 6 grams or 0.5 to 2 teaspoons each day.
Furthermore, Vietnamese cinnamon powder also has another benefit for people who love eating is that it helps improve the taste of the food using cinnamon powder. According to one study, adding cinnamon powder to foods may improve palatability. Additionally, due to its naturally sweet and spicy taste, it may be a good alternative to low-calorie sweeteners. Vietnamese cinnamon powder, besides, has a stronger flavor than other varieties, perhaps making it a preferable choice if you enjoy a more robust flavor.
Vietnam cinnamon powder is one of the best in Southeast Asia
This part mentions the long history of the Vietnamese cinnamon industry, the quality of cinnamon in Vietnam compared with that in other regions as well as the striking trading advantages of Vietnamese cinnamon powder brought to their partners.
History of Vietnam cinnamon industry
Vietnam has exported high-quality products at reasonable prices for more than 30 years. Since 1990, Vietnam has published the National Standard TCVN 3230/1990 on Cinnamon for Export in order to support and promote cinnamon exports.
- Text type: Vietnamese standard
- Publication number: Still valid
- Number: TCVN 3230/1990
- Issuing agency: State Scientific Committee
The products from Vietnam meet international quality standards such as VN-STAMEQ, USDA Organic, FDA, FFL, Organic, Global Gap, TCVN, Viet Gap, etc. These certificates are guaranteed to be renewed every year and term.
Vietnamese cinnamon powder is popular all around the world, especially in the US, Europe, and India. From 2019, despite the Covid-19 pandemic, Vietnam exports nearly 12 000 metric tons of cassia-related products.
Vietnamese cinnamon powder and the comparison with its counterparts
Currently, Vietnam, China, and Indonesia are the three best countries for exporting Cinnamomum cassia. When compared with cinnamon powder from Indonesia and China, Vietnamese cinnamon powder has a much higher quality and more oil content inside.
- The overall flavor of Vietnamese cinnamon is similar to the Chinese one.
- However, cinnamon powder from China still comes in second to Vietnamese cinnamon powder, and usually contains only 3% of essential oil content.
- Meanwhile, Vietnamese cinnamon powder with the highest quality can contain upwards to 6% of the essential oil content and is believed to have the strongest flavor among others. Therefore, Vietnamese cinnamon powder usually has a higher cinnamaldehyde* content than the other varieties of cinnamon including Indonesia and Chinese ones, giving it the signature aroma and flavor.
cinnamaldehyde*: the chemical compound bringing Vietnamese cinnamon powder its spicy taste and typical strong aroma
Business advantages of Vietnamese cinnamon powder
Vietnam cinnamon powder brings your businesses plenty of preponderant advantages when deciding to trade it, which are:
- Firstly, Vietnamese cinnamon powder has many large and high demand import market
South Asia, Eastern Asia, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, and Northern Europe import thousands of metric tons of cassia-related products from Vietnam each year. According to statistics from State Scientific Committee, below are 5 largest import markets for Vietnamese cinnamon powder: India, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United States, Sri Lanka.
There are also buyers purchasing Vietnamese cinnamon powder coming from Egypt, Singapore, Malaysia, Hungary, Dubai, Hong Kong, Germany, Korea, Japan, and Kuwait.
- Secondly, Vietnamese cinnamon powder has long-term high economic value
One of the reasons for that is that it can be stored for quite a long time in warehouses under standard preserving conditions. In addition, Vietnamese cinnamon powder is a timeless valuable product, so its importers can not only sell them in their domestic markets but also keep the products in stock and sell them at good prices when the demand of global markets increases.
- Thirdly, Vietnamese cinnamon powder has many competitive advantages compared to similar products of other countries
– High-quality products
– 30 years of being a long-term export product
– Large output enough to meet customers’ needs
For example, a factory in Vietnam – K-Agriculture has the capacity to produce approximately 5 tons of high-quality cinnamon per day. Vietnam is capable of providing a large amount of high-quality cinnamon powder for export. The government is interested in the industry that facilitates exports. Vietnam exports nearly 4000 metric tons of Vietnamese cinnamon powder in 2020.
- Finally, Vietnam can ensure the smooth supply chain of Vietnamese cinnamon powder due to the following reasons
– Vietnam is a country with stable politics: Peaceful and stable politics make product trading between Vietnam and the world more secure, safe, and stable.
– Vietnam has relatively good control of COVID-19 among other countries: Factories are operating under no restrictions in accordance with Covid-19 prevention and control standards, thus, the quantity of Vietnamese cinnamon powder for export is ensured.
– Vietnamese cinnamon powder production is protected as well as encouraged by open law, tax, and delivery performance: Tariff barriers are reduced and there is much support from the Vietnamese government. And, Vietnam has many provisions to encourage the export of Vietnamese agricultural products.
– Vietnam has sea borders so it is very convenient for goods transportation.
Reputable Vietnamese cinnamon powder exporters and ways to find them
Here is a 5-step suggested method that helps you find the best provider of cinnamon powder wholesale as follow:
- 1st step: Search platforms like Google, Alibaba.com, Go4WorldBusiness.com, Trade Key, EC21, Global Source, or Supplier Valley to look for suppliers and exporters.
- 2nd step: Spend time checking on their website with the following information namely: their certificates, their company profile, and their factories to make sure that this company is reliable.
- 3rd step: Contact them through their Whatsapp hotlines and ask for a video call if needed for more information and to confirm that they are not scammers.
- 4th step: After the company has built your trust, you can ask them to show or send their samples and price lists to you for comparing reasons.
- 5th step: Compare among at least 3 companies to find the best choice for you.
Top 3 Vietnamese cinnamon powder wholesalers and exporters
If you meet too many difficulties and feel confused when searching for reputable and large Vietnamese cinnamon powder wholesalers and exporters, here is a suggested list of the top 3 ones in Vietnam you might be interested in. So, take a look and compare these companies to find the best choice of yours.
Read more: The best cinnamon powder factory in Vietnam
K-Agriculture is a company that was established in 1996 and is proud to have been one of the largest and most prestigious reputable Vietnamese cinnamon suppliers in Vietnam so far. The impressive motto of the company is “Quality is King” showing it always put the quality of their products as the first priority.
Samples: Send via Express (DHL, VPS, FedEx,..)
Order: By Air or By Sea based on INCOTERM 2010
|Product name||Vietnamese cinnamon powder|
|Certifications||VN-STAMEQ (2020-2023) , IFS (2017-2021), CUC (2021), USDA Organic (2021), UEBT (2021), PCA (2020), FDA (2021), FFL (2021), KOSHER (2020), BIO (2021), Organic (2020), Global Gap (2021), TCVN (2021), Viet Gap (2020)|
|Place of origin||Van Yen, Yen Bai, Viet Nam|
|Raw material||100% natural cassia cinnamon|
|Size||80-100 mesh or 100-120 mesh|
|Quantity||1-7, 8-15, >15 Metric tons|
|Storage condition||Sealed in dry, cold, waterproof & ventilated conditions|
|Package||PE/ PP bag|
|Noted||The size and packing of products can depend on buyers’ requirements|
Detailed Information about Cinnamon powder products from K-Agriculture
Phone: +84855 555 837 (Whatsapp Available)
KPRO PRODUCTION JOINT STOCK COMPANY
Brand: KPRO PRODUCTION JOINT STOCK COMPANY
The company was established in 2020 by a person having a lot of experience in trading agricultural products. KPRO. JSC is also well-known for being a Vietnamese manufacturer, exporter, and distributor of spices, including Vietnamese cinnamon powder.
Samples: Not mentioned
Order: Not mentioned
|Oil content||1%, 1.5%, 2%, 2.5%, 3%|
|Colour||Feature brown, yellow|
|Packing||PP-PE, net 20-30kgs|
Detailed Information about Cinnamon powder products from KPRO
Brand: VIETLIFE CORPORATION
The company is proud to provide pleasant consultancy and supporting services to customers. Besides, it claimed to supply its partners with a wide range of Vietnamese products at reasonable prices with good quality.
Samples: Not mentioned
Order: Support Express · Sea freight · Land freight · Airfreight
|Certification||Certificate of Food Hygiene and Safety|
|Place of Origin||Vietnam|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Brand Name||Shop Thao Duoc|
|Cultivation Type||Open Air|
|Max. Moisture (%)||3.5|
|Extraction Type||Solvent Extraction|
|Ingredients||Pure Cinnamon 100%|