There are many coffee exporting companies across the world that work not only as exporters but also as manufacturers, connecting coffee dealers all over the world.
- 1 The brief introduction of coffee exporting companies
- 2 Famous types of coffee exporting companies
- 3 Main products of coffee exporting companies
- 4 Locations have many coffee exporting companies
- 5 Factors affecting the development of coffee exporting companies
- 6 Way to approach coffee exporting companies
- 7 Ways to work with coffee exporting companies
- 8 Top prestigious coffee exporting companies
The brief introduction of coffee exporting companies
In the global coffee trade business, coffee exporting enterprises are well-known and diversified.
Definition of coffee exporting companies
Coffee exporting companies that sell their coffee to customers in other countries. In other words, they produce them in one country and ship them to another, which is one way for them to quickly expand their profitable market.
Roles of coffee exporting companies
- With the domestic economy: Coffee exporting companies contribute to the size of the world economy. Along with that, exports promote the development of the coffee industry and national economic growth. For many countries, coffee is a key export commodity such as Vietnam, Brazil, Colombia, then coffee exports will promote the development of the coffee industry and national economic growth.
- With coffee exporting companies: Coffee exporting helps coffee exporting companies increase their sales because of the world’s great demand for coffee. In addition to the problem of foreign currency earnings, exporting will create a motivation for businesses to constantly improve product quality. Most importantly, coffee exporting companies with homegrown flavors widely promote them internationally, creating great value.
Famous types of coffee exporting companies
Coffee exporting companies mainly consist of two types: Direct exporting and Indirect exporting.
Direct coffee exporting companies
Direct coffee export means the sale of coffee abroad without involving brokers/intermediate companies. In the case of direct export, a firm itself undertakes to sell its products overseas and is responsible for dealing with foreign firms directly. Direct coffee exporting companies may carry one of the following modes establishing the company’s own corporate export provision.
- By establishing the company’s own corporate export provision.
- By appointing foreign sales representatives and agents.
- Through foreign-based distributors and retailers/agents.
- Through foreign-based state trading corporations.
- Through overseas sales branches.
Indirect coffee exporting companies
Indirect coffee export means selling coffee products overseas through brokers/intermediate companies. Indirect coffee exporting companies involve using the help of sales intermediaries that take the responsibility of sending the products to foreign countries. Some major types of intermediaries of indirect exporting areas under.
- Commission agents.
- Domestic-based export merchants or export trade companies.
- Buying or purchasing agents.
- Export agents.
- Export management companies.
- Cooperative organizations.
Main products of coffee exporting companies
Most coffee export companies focus on two main types: green coffee and roasted coffee
Major coffee-growing regions such as Brazil, Vietnam, Colombia, Indonesia, and Ethiopia supply 95 percent of green coffee beans. The remaining 5% is sourced from other trade nations, most notably Singapore.
On the global market, the wholesale price of green coffee beans is standardized, with two primary types: Arabica and Robusta. In the last three market years, wholesale prices for both varieties of coffee have risen steadily. Arabica green coffee is generally twice as expensive as Robusta coffee.
|Type of coffee||MY 2018/19||MY 2019/20||MY2020/21|
Countries in Europe, such as Sweden and Germany, often supply roasted coffee beans. Germany is a significant coffee exporter, acquiring raw coffee from huge coffee exporting companies in large growing areas like Brazil or Vietnam and processing it in Germany. It delivers a roasted coffee flavor that many people enjoy thanks to top-notch roasting techniques.
Locations have many coffee exporting companies
There are two main products that are focused on by coffee exporting companies and are in high demand in importing countries: green coffee beans and roasted coffee beans.
Countries with many green coffee exporting companies
Brazil: Brazil ranks 1st in growing and exporting coffee beans. Brazil exports 2.5 million tons of coffee each year. Over the previous 150 years, Brazil has exported the most coffee of any country that exports coffee, accounting for one-third of worldwide production.
Vietnam: Thanks to the large number of coffee exporting companies spread across the country, Vietnam ranks 2nd in the world in terms of coffee exports, with 0.9 million tons exported annually. In which, Robusta exports ranked first in the world, with more than 50% of the world’s export output
Colombia: Colombia has been a commercial coffee producer since 1830, selling to Japan, the United States, Italy, Germany, and France, and is presently rated 3rd among coffee export countries in terms of volume. If you are looking for coffee exporting companies in South America, then Colombia is a worthy choice.
Countries with many roasted coffee exporting companies
Roasted coffee exporting companies are concentrated mainly in Europe. Especially, the export value of Germany and Switzerland is ranked second and third in the world, respectively. Switzerland accounts for 9.1% of global exports, while Germany accounts for 8.2%
Roasted coffee has provided significant value to European coffee exporting companies. Because Europe has a high level of skill in the roasting process, the taste is more special than others.
Factors affecting the development of coffee exporting companies
- Supply: Coffee output in MY 2020/21 has declined dramatically due to the influence of weather in Brazil and Vietnam, such as drought, and is likely to continue to decline in MY following year. This is also the primary factor behind rising coffee prices. Coffee exporting companies must work hard to identify reliable and long-term supply sources.
- Demand: The demand for coffee is always increasing at any time. Despite the Covid-19 epidemic, the demand for buying coffee online has also increased dramatically, which was evidenced by the sales of companies selling coffee online. After vaccination campaigns, the economy reopened, the demand for coffee in other countries increased, even more, opening the way to develop sales for coffee exporting companies.
- Shipment: During the Covid-19 epidemic, Shipping operations are slow and frozen. That’s why the shipping cost is high, making it difficult for wholesale buyers as well as coffee exporting companies.
Way to approach coffee exporting companies
You need to know where to look for the thousands of coffee exporting companies throughout the world if you want to engage with them efficiently.
Finding reputable coffee exporting companies
- Network 4.0: With modern technology and dense social networks network today, just searching for “coffee exporting companies” in Google or other social networks like Facebook will give you the answer.
- Brokers/intermediate companies: For those who are new to buying wholesale at first, they should hire a reputable intermediary company because they understand the market and have a stable supply. They’ll also help you avoid the hassle of purchasing.
- International trade fairs: That is a good way for long-time purchasers to meet and exchange directly with coffee exporting companies. The world agricultural fairs, however, we’re unable to take place because of the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Signs to assess trustworthy coffee exporting companies
The following are qualities of a good coffee exporting company:
- Transparency of the company profile: Customers would be particularly worried about the reputation of reputable coffee exporting companies. As a result, coffee exporting companies always invest in a transparent image, from the company’s location, phone number, email address with the company’s own domain, business registration, and photographs on digital platforms like Facebook, Youtube, and their website.
- Required certificates: Many nations export coffee as a key agricultural product. However, the corporation must have certificates of origin, phytosanitary certifications, and other documents to determine the quality of its products or an export license for this product.
- Business activities: Reputable coffee exporting companies will cooperate with many partners and customers. Wholesale buyers can see their testimonials as an indication of the quality and services of the product of coffee exporting companies.
Ways to work with coffee exporting companies
To approach and work professionally with coffee exporting companies, you need to know the following 6 key steps:
- Step 1: The seller sends a Letter of Intent (LOI) to coffee exporting companies outlining their requirements, including quantity, quality, and pricing. A typical letter of intent will include general company information such as the firm’s website, address, phone number, and email, as well as order needs such as product kinds, specifications, destination port, packaging requirements, and other special remarks.
- Step 2: Based on the buyer’s LOI, the coffee exporting companies will respond with an FCO. Following that, the two parties will negotiate to reach an agreement on the final FCO.
- Step 3: Once some fundamental conditions have been agreed upon, coffee exporting companies will provide samples to customers so that they may evaluate the quality of their products.
- Step 4: The two parties will sign and execute the contract based on the discussed terms. After signing the contract, the buyer will almost always be required to pay a deposit to the seller.
- Step 5: coffee exporting companies will adhere to the contract’s Incoterm conditions and have 2-4 weeks to provide the terms. The seller is required to transmit the Bill of Lading to the buyer once the items have been loaded onto the ship. Depending on the mode of distribution, the delivery time might range from 7 to 40 days.
- Step 6: Once the items have been received, the buyer must inspect them for quality and quantity, and provide feedback to the coffee exporting companies as quickly as feasible.
Top prestigious coffee exporting companies
Here are Top 3 reputable coffee exporting companies that are highly evaluated by many international wholesale buyers.
Joint Stock Company Intimex Group
Referring to coffee exporting companies, Intimex is indispensable. Intimex Import-Export Company, Ho Chi Minh City branch, which was created in 1995, is the forerunner of Intimex Import-Export Joint Stock Company nowadays. This firm was renamed Intimex Group Joint Stock Company (Intimex Group) in 2011. . With a total capacity of 570,000 tons per year, the Intimex Group operates 11 factories that manufacture high-quality coffee for export.
Whatsapp: +84 855 555 837
K-Agriculture is a Vietnam coffee export company. K-Agriculture has been one of the prominent coffee exporting companies during the last 25 years. With the received accomplishments and certifications, K-Agriculture is confident in its ability to deliver coffee to all coffee enthusiasts throughout the world.
Whatsapp: +84855 555 837
Westrock begins by partnering on-location with coffee farmers around the world. They take a unique approach to all 21 countries we work with to educate farmers about sustainable agriculture and better-growing practices through initiatives like the Agribusiness Training Program. By teaching farmers successful growing techniques, they help increase products quality, yield, and their own personal incomes. So when you search for coffee exporting companies, you might consider Westrock.
Whatsapp: +84 855555837