Rice is a staple ingredient in every Asian meal thanks to its easy-to-digest characteristics and high nutritional content in each type of rice. Jasmine rice nutrition is a must-know thing because consumers could be adversely affected if they consume too much.
Jasmine rice nutrition: Overview
Jasmine rice is a long grain rice of Oryza sativa, commonly known as Asian rice, which grows mainly in Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. It is widely consumed throughout Asia, India, and the Middle East, where rice is a staple of the diet and plays a key role in almost every meal. It is also exported around the world and is an important economic commodity for the countries that produce it. Jasmine rice has a unique aroma, flavor, and texture that sets it apart from other types of rice. Jasmine rice nutrition is a must-know thing for consumers.
Jasmine rice is sometimes called “fragrant rice”, the fresher the rice is, the more fragrant it is. However, it is named “jasmine”, not from the fragrance but from its color, which resembles the color of a jasmine flower. Jasmine rice is the type of rice used when you want a type of rice to have a sweet and nutty taste, a distinctive aroma and a delicate consistency.
Jasmine rice nutrition in distinct lines
Most Jasmine rice is in polished white color, with the hull and all bran removed. However, like most rice, there is also brown jasmine rice that is brown but still has bran, and even black rice is very rare. All three have the same basic characteristics in terms of clear aroma and attractive taste.
Jasmine rice nutrition in 1 cup (100g) of jasmine rice include:
- 4.2 g protein
- 0.63 g fiber
- 200 calories
- 2.3 mg of niacin
- 44.5 g carbohydrates
- 1.9 mg iron
- 0.26 mg thiamine
- 11.8 mcg selenium
- 0.44 g total fat
In addition, Jasmine white rice also provides vitamins B1 and D.
In 1 cup (100g) of cooked jasmine brown rice, jasmine rice nutrition consists of:
- 7 g protein
- 297.5 calories
- 2.6 g total fat
- 63 g carbohydrates
- 7% of the daily value of iron
- 17.5% of the daily value of magnesium
Generally, brown jasmine has more vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants thanks to the bran layer. Some people think that black jasmine rice is nicknamed forbidden rice because it is reserved only for the nobility and upper class, and forbids all others. Black jasmine rice has significantly higher amounts of protein, iron, and fiber than brown and white rice, and it is also much higher in anthocyanins.
Health benefits from jasmine rice nutrition
All types of jasmine rice provide many benefits for consumers’ health such as gaining weight, maintaining a good pregnancy and reducing heart diseases, etc.
- Jasmine rice nutrition helps consumers to gain weight and recharge their energy. When you eat jasmine rice, you will get lean and keep in shape because, in a cup of cooked jasmine rice, there may be about 180 calories. The starch present in jasmine rice will be broken down into fuel that can supply energy and power to your body.
- Jasmine ice comprises folic acid, if pregnant women consume this nutrient, it plays a key role in the development of the baby. Besides, consumption of folic acid can avoid birth defects in the brain or spine if women are aware of consuming it before pregnancy, the baby has a good growth of his heart and blood vessels as well.
- Iron and fiber in jasmine rice nutrition are essential nutrients that each person must digest in a day. Iron is in charge of building our immune system and helping cells produce energy and supply oxygen to our tissues. In terms of fiber, this helps us get rid of constipation and maintain our digestive systems.
- Jasmine rice nutrition is necessary for your health if you are interested in high-intensity workouts because it fuels the glycogen in your muscles. Moreover, jasmine rice is high in manganese and consists of a compound called phytonutrients, which play an important role in protecting cells and the healthy function of the body.
Jasmine rice nutrition: popular brands of jasmine rice
Jasmine rice is distributed across the world with a big volume of consumption. Mainly cultivated in Asia, this line of rice is exported to many European and American countries to serve the meal. Here are some famous jasmine rice brands that customers could believe in guaranteed jasmine rice nutrition.
Golden phoenix pure jasmine rice
Golden phoenix pure jasmine rice is one of the best jasmine rice brands in Thailand. It is exported to many countries and is the recipient of several famous awards for its yummy flavor and dozens of uses. This fragrant rice has a light nutty flavor and sticky consistency. Golden phoenix pure jasmine rice is typically mid-range in pricing that every customer could buy.
K-Agriculture jasmine rice
K-Agriculture has a system of factories with high capacity and modern machinery, which ensures to provide the best agricultural products such as rice, coffee, spices,.
K-Agriculture’s motto is “Quality is King”, so customers could trust in their jasmine rice nutrition to have good health. With 25-year experience, K-Agriculture has exported to over 80 countries and affirmed its position in the market.
If you are interested in K-Agriculture’s products, feel free to contact us via:
Asian best jasmine rice
The Asian Best Brand is also known as the Red Elephant brand. This traditional Thai Hom Mali jasmine rice has the highest percentage of whole long grains of rice, which means they are not broken. When cooked, jasmine rice has a reliable soft, fluffy texture.
Jasmine rice nutrition is a must-know thing that will help customers have a suitable diet, prevent some diseases, and boost the energy.