The irresistible deliciousness of jasmine rice is the highlight of every meal thanks to its distinct features. Let’s remember how to cook jasmine rice successfully for your family or loved ones.
- 1 An overview of jasmine rice
- 2 Difference between jasmine rice and other types
- 3 Popular brands of jasmine rice
- 4 Tips for people know how to cook jasmine rice successfully
An overview of jasmine rice
Jasmine rice is a famous rice line of Thailand, which has been exported to many countries. With the characteristics of soft and fragrant rice, Jasmine rice makes up a large market, so farmers are encouraged to produce and supply for export.
Types of jasmine rice
There are two main types that you could choose to learn how to cook jasmine rice.
- White jasmine rice: Regarding flavor, Jasmine rice has a slightly sweet and nutty taste. This taste remains during the cooking process. It is less nutritionally dense than whole-grain brown rice.
- Brown jasmine rice: Brown jasmine rice is thought to be a healthier choice than jasmine rice for most people because of its bran. It has an aroma like oats and contains gamma oryzanol which helps decrease cholesterol in the blood.
Generally, both types of jasmine rice are low in fat and bring a small protein boost to consumers.
Features of jasmine rice meeting the standards
With the following striking features, jasmine rice appeals to the majority of consumers all over the world.
- Texture: Jasmine rice is softer than most white rice. It is well-known for its soft, clingy texture when cooked.
- Flavor: Sweet and nutty flavor with a floral, popcorn-like, buttery aroma is the striking flavors of jasmine rice that differentiate it from others.
- Health benefits: Jasmine rice provides a variety of positive effects on human health such as improving the immune system, promoting healthy pregnancy, and supporting digestive health as well.
- Price: The price of a 25 lb bag of jasmine rice varies from $20.09 per bag. This is for your reference when considering buying this line of rice.
Jasmine rice contains the following nutrition per 100 gram (g) serving: Calories: 129. Fat: 0.46 g. Carbohydrates: 27.86 g. Therefore, Jasmine rice is low in calories and contains many essential vitamins and minerals for the body.
Difference between jasmine rice and other types
Each line of rice has its own strong points. To a group of consumers, jasmine rice owns several characteristics that make them choose for daily usage.
Jasmine Rice vs. White Rice
Jasmine rice has the same features as other long-grain white rice. It is four times as long and much thinner when compared to short-grain white rice. Because of its diverse colors from brown to black to red, jasmine may be healthier than white rice. Containing more fiber, nutrients are some reasons to eat jasmine rice instead of white rice. Both jasmine rice and white rice are distributed widely in the markets, so it is convenient for customers to purchase.
Jasmine Rice vs. Basmati Rice
Both types of rice originate from Asia and are considered the main ingredient in cuisines. There are no outstanding differences between jasmine and basmati rice when looking at appearance but when cooked, Jasmine rice’s grains clump together slightly, meanwhile, basmati’s grains retain their slender shape and double in length. Both Jasmine and Basmati rice are low in fat and give you a small protein boost. However, basmati is a healthier choice for diabetics due to its lower glycemic index than jasmine rice.
Popular brands of jasmine rice
If you are wondering how to taste the best jasmine rice, here are several brands you should browse through and buy from suppliers
- Lotus Foods Organic White Jasmine Rice: This jasmine rice possesses a special fragrance, pandan-leaves aroma, buttery taste and a soft and sticky texture. The producers just use rice grown on Thai or Cambodian farms that conserve water and raise farmers’ incomes.
- K-Agriculture Jasmine rice: This brand provides jasmine rice grown in Vietnam. K-Agriculture Jasmine rice has outstanding features in aroma, taste, and is certified by GMO, HACCP. This rice is widely consumed by Vietnamese people and exported to many countries.
- Three Ladies Jasmine Rice: This brand is available in many sizes to suit all types of households. The packaging style of this rice is not conventional but it is still one of the best in the market thanks to its nutty and pandan-like flavor maintained when cooked.
- Pride Of India Thai White Jasmine Rice: This rice is made from 100% natural Thai Hom Mali rice. It is GMO and gluten-free, this rice is vegan that makes it a largely accessible product for many kinds of households.
Tips for people know how to cook jasmine rice successfully
People always want to cook meals perfectly, and it is better if they know to use jasmine rice reasonably in every dish.
Some methods to cook jasmine rice
- Instant Pot Method
Use a small cup to measure the jasmine rice. Rinse the rice 2 times with clean water, and then add it to the instant pot with 1 ¾ cup of water. Start the cooking process by setting 12 minutes for cooking. When almost finished, let it rest for 15 minutes. Finally, enjoy your meal.
- Slow Cooker Method
Spray a little of the water into the slow cooker to guarantee rice not be stuck. Add the jasmine rice and 1 cup and 3 spoons of water to the bowl. Set the time of 1 hour and 30 minutes with low heat to ensure rice evenly. Let it cook for another 20 minutes if you find some grains are quite tough.
- Stovetop Method
Measure an amount of rice and 1 ⅓ cups of water to a saucepan with a lid. Let the water boil for a few minutes. Next, reduce the heat to low and let the rice in for 9 to 10 minutes in order for water to be absorbed. Turn off the heat and wait about 15 minutes with the lid covered. Ultimately, the rice is ready to serve.
Recipes with jasmine rice for some dishes
How to cook jasmine rice with butter: First, you have to boil the water, salt, and butter together. Then, stir in rice with a fork to ensure rice is well mixed. Next, bring back to a boil and cut the heat to simmer. Cook for 15 minutes and it is time for you to enjoy your dish.
How to cook jasmine rice with coconut milk: You should use a medium saucepan, bring coconut milk, water, and salt to a boil. Add rice and cut the heat to a simmer. Cover with a lid, and let it simmer for 16 to 20 minutes until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat and let it sit, covered for 10 minutes.
Yummy dishes using jasmine rice
Jasmine rice is the main ingredient to make a perfect dish in every Thai, Vietnamese meal. It will go perfectly with any Asian food, and even Indian food if you don’t have basmati rice. If you love cooking, learn how to cook jasmine rice to have delicious dishes namely Thai basil chicken and rice, Chinese rice soup, or Instant pot cranberry pistachio jasmine rice.
Not only consumed within the nation, but jasmine rice is also one of the most popular commodities for export. If you are interested in Vietnamese jasmine rice import, K-Agriculture Factory is the best choice for you. With 25 years of experience in wholesale rice exports, we are confident to provide the best jasmine rice at the most reasonable price along with professional services to you.
For special deals and free consultation, contact us now.