Black pepper recipes with chicken, shrimp, and beef are very common in everyday dishes in Asian countries. This article will provide detailed steps, ingredients, and flavor compounds to make black pepper recipes.
- 1 Black pepper recipes: Flavor compounds
- 2 Black pepper recipes – How to use them properly?
- 3 Delicious dishes with black pepper recipes
- 4 Black pepper recipes – Things to notice
Black pepper recipes: Flavor compounds
Black pepper is most often in basic cooking and seasoning. The unique components of black pepper are fat-soluble and produce great flavor: aromatic and spicy for your food. The components attribute to the unique scent in black pepper recipes include:
- Piperine: The component gives the pungency of black pepper recipes.
- Germacrene: Element makes the spicy, warm, and sweet scent.
- Limonene: Factor responsible for sweet, orange, and citrus.
These 3 special components are elements that modify the flavor of black pepper recipes.
Black pepper recipes – How to use them properly?
Pepper is a spice with a mild spicy taste and characteristic aroma. However, this scent is easy to evaporate during processing. Therefore, when using black pepper when cooking, it is necessary to pay attention to the following:
- For stir-fried dishes, braised: With black pepper recipes for stir-fried dishes, the spicy of the food will be increased. When being cooked at a high temperature, the essential oils in the pepper evaporate. Moreover, the high temperature also causes pepper to produce toxic substances for the body. Therefore, only add a little amount in black pepper recipes to increase flavor.
- For dishes that need seasoning: Black pepper should be used to marinate raw foods for a period of 15 minutes. The aroma and pungency will lose if left outside too long.
Delicious dishes with black pepper recipes
Black pepper recipes are very common in family dishes. This is the ingredient and detailed procedure to make black pepper recipes.
Black pepper recipes: Black pepper chicken
The taste of black pepper recipes with chicken is saucy, crispy, and also sweet. This is a suitable recipe for Asian food with rice.
The ingredients for black pepper chicken include chicken, soy sauce, garlic, corn starch, oil, onions, bell pepper, black pepper powder, oyster sauce, wine.
Detailed steps to make black pepper chicken
- Step 1: Cut the chick into small cubes. Mix boneless and skinless chicken with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and garlic. Sprinkle the chicken with cornstarch and toss thoroughly
- Step 2: Make sauce in a bowl by combining black pepper powder, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and wine and season to suit your taste.
- Step 3: Heat the vegetable oil for 3-4 minutes with half of the chicken until nicely golden brown.
- Step 4: Saute onion and pepper and cook with a prepared chick and black pepper sauce. Sesame oil is necessary to make the food more delicious.
- Step 5: Remove the heat, serve immediately, and sprinkle with your favorite toppings.
Black pepper recipes: Black pepper Beef and Broccoli
The savory and little spicy combined with sweet beef is a good combination with rice.
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of Oyster Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
Detailed steps to make black pepper beef and broccoli
- Step 1: Cut the beef into thin slices and marinate with egg white. Add up the baking soda and 1.5 tablespoons of cornstarch. Let the beef rest for 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Mix sauces with sugar, black pepper, garlic, and sugar. The rest of the corn starch is mixed with 3 tablespoons of water and pour it into the ready sauce.
- Step 3: Soak the broccoli into hot water.
- Step 4: Heat the oil, saute the beef until reaches a satisfactory cook.
- Step 5: Add the ready-made broccoli and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 6: Add the sauce and cook with high heat.
Only after 6 steps, the black pepper beef and broccoli will be ready for your dinner with your family.
Black pepper recipes: Black pepper shrimp
A savory sauce with buttery and garlicky shrimp is easy-to-cook food and ranks high in the taste department.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
Detailed steps to make black pepper shrimp
- Step 1: Remove the outer skin of the shrimp.
- Step 2: Melt the butter on the skillet. Saute the garlic, black pepper powder, and add the shrimp into the skillet.
- Step 3: Add oyster sauce, wine, sugar and stir until reaching the desired. Mix the scallions and serve immediately.
Black pepper recipes – Things to notice
Pepper does not create a flavor for dishes like salt and sugar, but pepper creates a warm and fragrant taste. Seasoning with pepper in dishes but not feeling fragrant or hot when eating is because it is used at the wrong time and wrong way. To optimize the black pepper in dishes, you should notice the following instruction:
Should not season arbitrary
Pepper is suitable for many dishes and dishes. Stew, soup seasoned with pepper will occasionally hear the mild spicy aroma of essential oils, feel warmer, and more appetizing when eaten. Do not fry, stir-fry pepper in oil at high temperature. Additionally, with pepper seasoned dishes, do not cook for too long to avoid losing the aroma.
Note: Pepper is delicious and warm to eat. We often think that by adding a lot of ground pepper to the soup, the water will be more delicious, but the finely ground pepper in a large amount will get stuck in the lungs, leading to coughing, choking when eating, and especially dangerous for young children.
Ground pepper will lose flavor
Black pepper contains 80 volatile compounds, becoming a seasoning that provides aromatic compounds for dishes. But at the same time, the aroma and spiciness will decrease when breaking the pepper structure. The longer the pre-ground pepper is kept, the less the character of the seasoning will be. For the best flavor, choose whole peppers, then puree or crush them before cooking.
How to preserve pepper
To keep pepper’s aroma and spicy taste, you should only grind a small amount, enough for use. In case you need to grind an amount to use gradually, you buy whole pepper at the market, grind it yourself and store it in a glass jar with a tight lid. Avoid keeping the pepper jar near the stove at high temperatures or in direct sunlight. Stored in a cool place, the taste of ground pepper can keep well for three months. With whole pepper, it takes about 2-3 years.
If you want to find prestigious sources of pepper for daily dishes and learn about the pepper industry, feel free to visit K-Agriculture website: k-agriculture.com or contact us via Whatsapp: +84855 555 837